Programme Manager, Yorkshire, Banking, £700/day
A leading private sector organisation are looking for an Interim Programme Manager for an initial 6 month contract, to be based in Sheffield and paying circa £700p/d.
The role of the International Markets Projects Delivery Lead is to lead and deliver an operational transformation programme focused on International Markets. Responsible for the successful programme execution & implementation, partnering with external consulting companies & project management teams to ensure full alignment and engagement directly with the business services.
* Initiate and shape the International Markets programme, developing the initial business case and obtaining approval to proceed
* Oversee the development of a well-defined programme plan. Coordinate planning across multiple Project Managers, onshore and offshore teams and other delivery partner teams
* Plan effectively around delivery constraints and optimise the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk
* Work with Senior Portfolio Managers / Senior Programme Managers, obtain buy-in, collaborate and influence regional / country Operations and Business Services stakeholders and business partners for all key programme plans, commitments and changes
* Actively manage and co-ordinate the programme plan/roadmap, handling changes as they arise and keep stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
* Baseline the plan requirements, designs, budget and scope during Programme Definition. Manage changes through the change control process. Challenge and intervene where there is scope creep, budget overrun, plan slippage and benefits
* Obtain sponsor and stakeholder sign-off for deliverables, formally close programme, assess stakeholder satisfaction and capture feedback. Capture key learns from each programme and feed back into International Markets Operations methodologies and best practice
* Anticipate and identify existing or emerging risks/issues and highlight to International Markets programme / project managers
* Plan and manage the implementation of the change, to ensure business benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensuring that the organisation and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment
* Work closely with delivery partners on planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
* Act as a change leader with the business leadership and business sponsor - a visible and clear leader for the programme and the delivery of its outcomes and benefits
* Identify and remove barriers to programme success
* Promote pace and energy within the team and lead by example
* Typically qualifications would include an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Science, Business Administration or a related field. MBA would be a plus.
* The Consultant typically has numerous years (10+) in consulting and years of diverse experience and a variety of skills related to managing large and complex projects, consulting engagements, business, operations:
* Proven track record as an outstanding consultant (change management or business transformation) and/or project manager
* Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
* Exposure to Target Business and Operating Models and transformation business case (bottom-up & to-down)
* Demonstrated Lean and Six Sigma acumen and application
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders
* Working across cultures and in matrix organisational structures
* Successful change management and staff management
* Navigating - understanding and translating strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly
* Aspiring - being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
* Driving - setting stretching goals for self and team and delivering them with courage and tenacity
* Mobilising - authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
* Have an excellent knowledge of the change process, project lifecycle and consulting tools and techniques,reengineering methodologies and lean six sigma methodologies.
* Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at senior level in the organisation
* Strong conceptual skills (business models, organisational design) and analytical skills (business performance, market & competitive dynamics) to craft, execute, and oversee hypothesis-driven analysis
* Excellent working knowledge of functional area in an operational or consulting capacity
* Financial acumen: develop business cases/project charters, ability to budget, track and control project expenditure* Strong facilitation and sound leadership skills
* Negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
* Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for investments and alternatives in the language of business
* Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with business partners
* Black Belt Certification is desirable
* Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high profile organisation during a substantial period of change.
Annapurna Change are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Mark Stanton is the consultant managing this vacancy.