PMO Analyst, Yorkshire, Banking, £500/day
A leading private sector organisation based in Leeds are seeking a PMO Analyst to work in the Programme Management Office within a major Transformation Programme.The person will provide differentiated portfolio and project governance and frameworks for IT portfolios, programmes and projects. The role includes a strong agile element to support changing ways of working and adaptability to business change. There are currently circa 100 resources working on the Programme.
This role is directly responsible for ensuring consistency and best practice, but equally for proactively challenging barriers and risks to project success, for business benefits and outcomes. Is responsible for the oversight of an allocated portfolio of IT projects and programmes and their PMO management according to value, risk and business impact.
Takes a proactive role in the quality assurance and governance planning of a wide range of projects and programmes, including:
* Contributes actively to the shaping and governance of projects, facilitating checkpoints, acting member of the project teams;
* Facilitates post implementation reviews, and identifying any lessons learned. Feeding carry-forward items back into the programme plan. Delivering KPIs and driving continuous improvement, may also train other PMO staff to effectively facilitate these;
* As a partner to the project/programme managers, brokers the use of most appropriate governance and is responsible for quality assurance at gates or sprint stages;
* Challenging and providing feedback and advice on project plans, reports, risks and issues, dependencies, resourcing/project finances, and governance;
* Defines and/or advises stakeholders on appropriate governance pathways to meet sometimes complex or conflicting demands on projects;
* Regularly reviews or audits project and portfolio health and status and takes or recommends action accordingly;
* Delivers KPIs, reports, executive summaries, at the portfolio level, Programme and Project level.
* Designs and runs training, workshops, knowledge transfer, coaching to new project managers or as refresher sessions.
* Operational metrics reporting. Experience extracting metrics from Jira is essential to the role
* Methods and frameworks for managing risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies;
* Project reporting and executive summaries;
* Governance groups and forums;
* Repositories, templates, documentation, KPIs and portfolio analysis;
* Proactively challenging Workstream Leads / Project Managers to contribute to the success of the Programme;Key Skills
* Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
* Understanding of the importance for detail and organisation
* Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
* Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
* A strong customer centric approach
This is an excellent oppurtunity to work with a leading company undergoing a substantial period of change. For more information contact Mark on email@example.com. Annapurna Change are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.