Business Analyst - GDPR, South East, Insurance, £450/day
This role is with a global organisation that requires an interim technology business analyst for an initial 6 month period paying between £400 - £450p/d. The role is supporting the Requirements Lead on a UK and European project responding to new General Data Protection Regulation. The business analyst will support the Requirement Lead to analyse the current position to identify gaps and deficiencies leading to various remediation activities.
Previous experience of working on technology projects, particularly application and data related would be a distinct advantage. Experience of working on legislative, regulatory changes or information security projects would also be beneficial. With significant knowledge of analytical techniques, they must be an expert at capturing, analysing and documenting requirements, process, data flows and mapping. Support meetings and workshop activities. The individual must be motivated and will need to be able to work independently with little to no supervision. Experience of working in large complex organisations, ideally in financial institutions is also desirable.
The job holder will be responsible for:
* Supports the delivery of IT projects by building the project scope and documenting requirements, in accordance with customer expectations, budgetary parameters, process framework and Aon technology considerations.
* Accountable for leading business analysis workstream on complex projects and programmes.
* Presents and prepares business cases, which define strategies and potential solutions detailing the benefits and risks for items under consideration.
* Analyses high level business requirements for project scope and PID.
* Expert in capturing and documenting requirements using appropriate methods including interviews, workshops and data, processes and workflow analysis.
* Analyses, categorises and manages requirements, including change management, through all stages of the project.
* Requires strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to build a consensus when collaborating with internal customers to understand their functional and non-functional requirements.
* Performs and/or provides documentation for business quality assurance testing.
* Writes or provides guidance to others for the completion of support documentation, including user help documentation, guides and manuals.
* Champions business analyst best practice and governance and mentor more junior members of the team.
* Supports delivery of the project team objectives as required.
The contract is for a 6 month period, in the first instance and the role is based in Surrey (partial home-working would be considered).