Business Analyst - North West, North West, Banking, £500/day
Our client, a global commercial bank are seeking an interim Business Analyst for a Global Transformation programme. This initial 6 month contract, based in the North West, will pay between £400 - £500p/d to the right candidate.
* This is a hands-on Business Analyst role. You will be involved at various levels of project detail depending on the size of the particular issue. Therefore it is important that you have good problem solving skills and are comfortable in using Microsoft Products.
* Support the lead Analyts and wider remediation programme with the design and implementation of consistent and effective processes.
* To ensure remediation work packages are delivered through efficient and repeatable processes to ensure an excellent customer experience and mitigate / minimise reputational risk. Some travel may be required to work with colleagues around the UK.
* Instrumental in the gathering, validating and documenting various business information and needs for the design of remediation work packages.
* Outline requirement specifications with the use of standard templates.
* Participate in the business design of required remediation processes, being available to carry out instructions as directed by the lead Analyst.
* Proactively sourcing, documenting and preparing reports that can be used for improving existing processes and activities within the programme.
* Adhere to the governance framework, feeding into mandatory documentation to provide consistency amongst work packages.
* Attending various meetings, contributing and challenging solutions to business priorities.
* Support the lead analyst in developing the initial scope of work streams, designing and recommending cost effective and timely solutions.
* Supervise requirements traceability information and record requirements status in the course of the project.
* Monitor changes to baseline requirements with the use of effective change control processes and tools.
* Working with other business and IT experts to determine requirements for projects, testing, and other validation.
* Ensure that various appropriate infrastructure elements, including documents, manuals, policy documents etc. are kept up to date and available
* The ideal candidate will have demonstrable technical, Business Analysis skills and experience of implementing in a timely manner through effective interaction with multiple, diverse stakeholders in large complex organisations
* Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Business Analyst on major project initiatives
* Commercial lending experience is desirable but not essential
* Expert user of relevant software packages, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
* Experience working in relevant environment(s), i.e. with operational areas e.g. contact centre, mailing house, case management teams, analytics, legal and compliance
* Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. remediation and redress projects within a regulated finanical services environment. (Commercial Banking experience preferred)
* A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
* A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
* Solution orientated with the ability to recommend simple solutions to complex issues
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and follow them through to resolution accurately and in a timely manner
* Support the business analysis of the project life cycle
* Record all process flows for new and existing projects
* Facilitate all communications concerning remediation
* Coordinate work stream meetings to ensure that clear actions and plans are unanimously taken
* Record and contribute to performance and testing where needed for projects
* Facilitate successful delivery of project requirements to meet client specification
* Outline and administer requisite training when needed and make sure training needs for new projects are available
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in an organisation undergoing a substantial period of change. Annapurna Change are acting as the recruitment agency for this vacancy. Mark Stanton is the consultant managing this vacancy.