Project Manager, London, Engineering, £600/day
A leading private sector organisation based in London are looking for a Project Manager for an initial 6 month contract, paying between £450p/d-£600p/d.
Role context and purpose
The company are embarking on an Electronic certificates project to deliver a new enterprise digital signing solution with specific requirements to ensure compliance a number of requirements. The project will involve an implementation of a new Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) enterprise digital signing platform and verification capability which will fully meet requirements the replacement the current digital signing tool.
The Project Manager will be accountable for successful delivery and project management of the project. Included within this of the implementation of a system solution (Ascertia) to issue Electronic Certificates, the replacement of Symantec and the development of a verification website. The Project manager will be responsible for the developing an appropriate project plan and approach to enable the outcomes of the project and delivering the project according to agreed time-scales and budget, delivering the specified IS solutions and benefit capability. This includes acquiring resources, co-ordinating team members across the organisation and third parties and ensuring that the risks and issues are managed effectively throughout the project lifecycle and that quality control measures are adhered to.
* Accountable for the successful delivery of the Electronic Certificates project as measured by time-scale, budget and quality of the delivered solution
* Creation and execution of project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing business or IS Strategy requirements
* Definition and management of the scope in collaboration with Business Analyst, Solution Designers and business stakeholders and Strategy & Architecture teams.
* Acquisition and management of resources for successful delivery of the project
* Management of technology selection process ensuring appropriate partner selections to deliver the outcomes of the projects,
* Ensure new services are transitioned into production using the transition and quality gate framework
* Reviewing deliverables to ensure required quality criteria are met to business & stakeholder satisfaction
* Applying and enforcing project methodology & Software/Product Lifecycle Development standards
* Effectively managing project risks and issues and delivering appropriate reporting as required by IPP and the programme sponsor
* Managing all stakeholders and governance of the project
* Proactively managing all financial aspects of the project (i.e. actuals against budget; forecasting, cross charging)
* Eliminate or minimise employee's exposure to risks by reviewing, regularly, the health and safety risk register, applying appropriate controls, communicating results of risk assessment and ensuring health and safety is considered in the planning and execution
* Degree in IT or related discipline or equivalent experience
* Demonstrable experience in digital/ website development projects of up-to £5m budget
* Proven experience in all project management aspects of delivering IS solutions with experience of Business Analysis or solutions development and systems support experience
* MSP or Prince 2 accreditation or APM/ PMI qualifications
* Proven track record of successful management of stakeholders at all level and good negotiating skills
* Results-oriented and customer focused, whilst ensuring all affected teams are equally engaged and aware of project requirements in sufficient time to meet them
* Good commercial acumen able to effectively manage the third party suppliers and the overall project budget
* Significant experience of using project management tools and techniques, including risk management
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high profile organisation during a substantial period of change. Annapurna Change are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Mark Stanton is the consultant officer for this vacancy.