Interim Project Manager, London, Banking, £600/day
My client, a leading financial services organisation in London, are searching for an interim Project Manager to lead a business change work stream of a cross functional regulatory change project. This initial 6 month contract is paying between £400 - £600p/d to the right candidate.
* Delivering complex projects as allocated by the Project Management Office Leader
* Building, developing and motivating high performing project & programme teams committed to achieving success by delivering the benefits of the programme
* Working to direct governance arrangements and lead by example
* Conducting kick-off meetings with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
* Recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the Project Charter.
* Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Monitoring expenditure and costs against budget and delivered & realized benefits
* Working with other functional areas and stakeholders to ensure synergy, effectiveness, and continued improvement of the organizational processes
* Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects, both within and outwith your direct control
* Establishing alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the project
* Ensuring the implementation of the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project
* Owning additional activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise
* Reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals to the PMO Leader
- PMP Certification
- Experience of working within a Consulting firm.
- Experience in FS, ideally banking or insurance
- Excellent communication skill across your team, interdependencies and stakeholders
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs and recognizes contributions & praises people for doing a good job
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Have the ability to act and react positively in a challenging environment
- Be honest and frank about Programme/project progress
- Represent the interests of the Programme/project through effective networking with peers and key stakeholders
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies.
Mark Stanton is the consultant managing this vacancy.
Annapurna Change are acting as the recruitment agency for this role. See https://www.thebtn.tv