FTP Implementation Analyst, London, Banking, £500/day
My client, a leading financial services organisation in London, are searching for a Implementation Analyst to work on the Finance Transformation Platform (FTP) in the bank. This initial 6 month contract is paying between £400 - £500p/d to the right candidate. This is a wide strategic Finance platform that provides a single solution for general ledger and financial reporting. The platform facilitates group reporting and regulatory reporting and provides financial data to other Finance downstream systems.
The programme's key objectives are to strengthen Finance's control environment and to improve the efficiency of Finance Divisions through the adoption of a globally consistent Finance Process Model. The job holder will be part of a team of 6 people. The team provides central support to Product Control Senior Management and the Product Control teams, alongside multiple other functions within the bank and externally. The jobholder will have regular contact with the European and Global Product Control Business Managers, Audit, Finance, Group Finance and a number of other areas of the bank therefore will be a conduit to ensure all departments have accurate and timely information
Principal accountabilities include:
* Review business requirements specification and procedure manuals, execute systems conversion and manage FTP implementation activities for UK. Specifically focused on the Global Markets business.
* Actively participate in project planning and monitoring the progress of project according to the project plan
* Validate trade level information in FTP to ensure completeness and accuracy.
* Liaise with other functional teams (General Ledger, Accounting Rules and Reporting) to resolve any issues, challenges, and/or bottle necks with stake holders
* Responsible for implementation and transition activities to ensure the activities are conducted in an organized and efficient manner
* Work with Finance reporting teams on transition requirements. Integrate with other FTP workstreams and involve in design and build on solution activities
* Support Finance reporting and business users on carrying out key process changes throughout the transition period
* Work closely with both on-shore and off-shore teams to complete implementation activities
* Ensure Product control teams have comprehensive understanding of FTP capabilities across stakeholders
* University degree with at least 5 years' relevant working experience in the Banking industry Product control function.
* Accounting qualification preferable
* Knowledge of systems and data flows preferable
* Broad knowledge of financial instruments / products; such as fungibles (e.g. bonds) and non-fungibles (e.g. derivatives) across interest rate, fx, credit and/or equity businesses
* Takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution
* Flexible interpersonal style capable of adapting to a range of customers and personality types across the organization.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Good knowledge of Excel and Access
* Able to work under changing environment and under pressure
Mark Stanton is the consultant managing this vacancy.
Annapurna Change are acting as the recruitment agency for this role. See https://www.thebtn.tv